What is converged infrastructure?
Converged infrastructure is managed centrally from a single chassis that includes compute, storage, networking and server virtualization thus reducing the overall cost of implementing and managing IT infrastructure.
Converged stacks can be deployed quickly within days or weeks. However, configurations are fixed after implementations which makes converged infrastructure less suitable for certain situations.
- Quick deployment – Systems can be designed, built, configured and deployed in a matter of days or weeks because much of the work has been done by the integrator.
- Single support point – Also known as having “one throat to choke”. The support model is simplified by having one supplier to address all issues. This removes the possibility for disputes between vendors when complex problems arise.
- Certified solution – The vendor does all the certification and testing work up front, validating which configurations will work with each other.
- On-going maintenance support – Suppliers typically provide tested and validated maintenance rollups as software patches, code releases and new software versions are released for the individual components.
What is hyper-converged infrastructure?
Hyper-converged infrastructure is more flexible and allows easy scalability of the infrastructure by simply adding on to the base unit when required. In the long run, this may be more efficient as it allows you to increase or decrease blocks of storage and compute when needed.
- Simplify ICT infrastructure administration, operations, management and maintenance
- Increase scalability and business continuity with faster provisioning to meet growth
- Reduce downtime with better security, higher availability and disaster recovery capabilities
- Increase efficiency of development and test environments
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
We provide the following services:
- Deliver an investment appraisal identifying opportunities to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Evaluate, plan, design and implement VMware and cloud computing
- Setup virtual environment
- Configure High Availability solution
- Migrate physical servers to the cloud
- Backup and replicate online virtual machines
- Monitor virtual and cloud environments
Contact us today to achieve an agile, scalable and efficient ICT environment to support your evolving business needs.